Hotel Chocolat has built a strong position as the UK’s favourite premium chocolate brand and continues to grow rapidly, with a range extending from luxury giftable chocolates to alcohol, coffee and our pioneering drinking chocolate system, the Velvetiser™. We’re multi-category, multi-channel, and multi territory, always with the customer, and our direct connection with them, at the heart. Our mission is to make people happy through chocolate. Customer, colleagues, cacao farmers and suppliers can all benefit from the success we create together.
To support our ongoing growth, we’re looking for a Warehouse Operative to join our Fulfilment Team on a permanent basis. We’re thrilled to say that this role will be based at our brand-new Fulfilment Centre in Harpole, Northampton and will operate on a rotating weekly shift pattern of 6am – 2pm and 2pm – 10pm.
As a Warehouse Operative, you will be responsible for carrying out accurate, efficient and safe handling of Hotel Chocolat products. You will perform a variety of fulfilment operational tasks and ensure delivery of quality products on time and in the correct condition to our customers through several picking methods and MHE activities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Hotel Chocolat in a role that enables you to develop multiple skillsets across a warehousing / distribution environment
SHOW US HOW ITS DONE
- Ensure orders are picked accurately, in full and on time, delivering on daily targets and KPIs set for the shift
- Despatch of orders across a range of channels (i.e. Wholesale and Retail picking)
- Ensure that all despatches are fit for transportation
- Escalating any issues that may affect delivery of our business Service Level Agreements to Shift Coordinators / Team Managers
- Ensure that any relevant paperwork is completed clearly and accurately
- Work to protect and safely store all products within the warehouse
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU HAVE
- Experience of working in an FMCG operating environment
- Exceptional attention to details
- Willing to multi-skill and be flexible across the operation
- Good English language skills both written and verbal
- Competent numerical skills
- MHE trained – PPT, LLOP’s, FLT, Counterbalance.
WORKING AT HOTEL CHOCOLAT
You’ll play a vital role within a constantly evolving company, in a friendly and energetic workplace. Every single person who works for us has the opportunity to study for our highly respected Chocolate Diploma. Staff perks include an unlimited 50% discount on all our products, as well as 70% off the rate card price for you and your guests when you stay at the Hotel Chocolat – our hideaway on the paradise island of Saint Lucia, set among the cocoa trees of our historic Rabot Estate.
At Hotel Chocolat, we treat each other with respect, equality and grace. Our mantra? Be brave. Be kind.
This People Pledge is underpinned by our values of Originality, Authenticity and Ethics.
We encourage new ideas and fresh thinking and for each of you to bring your ORIGINALITY to work.
We want you to be your AUTHENTIC self – and feel comfortable to share your differences, and what makes you unique.
Our commitment to being an ETHICAL business means we have a deep sense of fairness when it comes to the way we treat one another.
This applies during our recruitment process too. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who positively celebrates a diverse and inclusive culture. We welcome people from all walks of life to join us, bringing their individuality to help us reach our ambitious growth plans. We believe this is critically important to help us create a place to work where everyone feels like they belong, can be themselves and where all of our differences are celebrated.