What we offer
- £10.30 per hour (plus an additional 23p per hour once Qualified as Forklift Operator’ + travel allowance of £8 per day = £11.59 PH)
- £434.87 Per Week
- Overtime paid at basic 1.5.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (FTE).
- Up to 35% discount on A&C products.
- Weekly Free Fruit and Veg box.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
We offer comprehensive training, a competitive salary, coupled with some great benefits (including lovely free organic fruit and veg!).
Who are we?
Abel & Cole has pioneered organic, ethical and sustainable food delivery for over 30 years. Doing things better is our bread and butter; from saving over 60 million plastic bags by using reusable boxes for our food deliveries, to finding alternatives to plastic long before it hit the headlines. We are forever challenging ourselves to find the most positive way to do business and want everyone to eat organic because it’s one way to save the future. It’s these values that enabled us to become B Corp certified; an optional audit we’ve gone through to recognise how we put people and planet before profit, as well as help us find room for further improvement.
We’re looking for more people to join our team of almost 700, to share our passion for doing the right thing even bigger and better than we do already. In a fast paced and competitive market, we know it’s our people who make the difference. We’ve learnt how important it is to recognise, develop and promote from within; and that trusting people lets them come up with the best ideas and that helps our entrepreneurial spirit to thrive.
Want to see more? Check us out at www.abelandcole.co.uk, https://bcorporation.net/directory/abel-cole, and Instagram
This is a fantastic opportunity, working within a small team to help sort and collate customer’s goods within a busy warehouse environment.
This is a hands-on role, and the successful candidate needs to have a passion for attention to detail and take a pride in their appearance as well as their surroundings.
Health & Safety plays a strong role within our environment and the successful candidate needs to take responsibility toward safe working practices.
- Deputize for Team Leader in their absence.
- Work within a small team to unload and load intersite trailer and delivery vans
- Collate and sort product according to run sheets.
- Take responsibility and promote a good Health and safety culture and working practices in the warehouse.
- Maintain a clean working environment at all the time including cleaning duties.
- Take a general pride in appearance & performance.
- General warehouse duties.
- Comply with any reasonable request which may differ from regular duties.
- Ensure that all security procedures are followed, and that depot is secure after shift.
- Highlight any issues surrounding trailer arrival or departures.
- Challenge all members of staff that fail to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Clean the warehouse, office and communal areas including toilet and kitchen facilities and to the standards required.
- Prepare and complete morning reports.
- Act as an ambassador for our B Corp values: make all decisions with our social and environmental impact in mind and look for opportunities, no matter how small, to use our business as a force for good.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake various training courses, such as first aid, fire warden, forklift etc. Within this role you will need to be highly enthusiastic and hard-working with an obsessive attention to detail, with a sense of pride and determination that ensures our customers always receives outstanding service.
Skills and Experience:
- Good level of English
- Previous warehouse experience desirable but not essential
- Counterbalance FLT licence desirable but not essential as we can provide training
- Computer literate (Basic IT Knowledge)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy.
- Positive attitude and able to work with others and individually.
- Located within a reasonable commute to Ongar Essex, CM5 0DU.
- Happy to work in a chilled environment. (8o degrees)
If you are interested in this position, then please visit our company website for more details and to apply on-line: (https://www.abelandcole.co.uk/news/careers). You will be asked to submit a copy of your most up to date CV and a cover letter.
Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees. We want our employees to feel they can be themselves at work and develop their talents to the full. Members of staff are expected to take personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and bullying - a place where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.
To support Abel & Cole’s commitment to inclusion and diversity, we ask that you remove all personal details from your CV. This includes removal of home address, D.O.B and place of education.