Job descriptionSalary Large Vehicle Mechanic
£15.90 Per Hour
Shifts - any 5 days out of 7, days and afters. PCV Mechanic / Fitter / Engineer We are looking for experienced mechanics / engineers / fitters to join our Chesterfield team.
- £15.90 Per Hour
- Guaranteed 39 minimum hours with overtime potentially available
- Great benefits including a generous company pension scheme, free travel for you and a companion, free financial education and affordable loans, and finally a range of money-saving opportunities including discounts on holidays and retail, cinema outings, dental insurance, vehicle breakdown cover and hotels and attractions
- Free travel for you and a companion on our buses – so on your days off you can be off shopping without worrying about parking the car, or heading off for a day in the city or by the seaside without worrying about the cost of fuel or parking
- Training – don’t worry if you’ve not worked on our vehicles before (or indeed buses!) as we’ll train you on everything you need to know, and you’ll be supported by a great team doing a great job
- Varied work – interestingly it’s not all depot-based work…you could well find yourself out and about dealing with vehicle issues on the road, so it won’t always be the same four walls you’re looking at. And as one of the UK’s leading transport operators we’re investing heavily in electric vehicles and depot infrastructure, so there’s plenty to keep you interested
- Plenty of job security from being a key worker at the heart of our communities, where we always need great people servicing our fleet of vehicles, be they Alexander Dennis, Scania, Volvo or Optare
- A safe environment – we provide boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe and protected, or having the right kit for the job
- UK-wide opportunities whereby if you’re moving out of choice or circumstance, as we run bus companies across the UK, you can transfer to a new location
- Career development through developing your technical skills on future hybrid and electric vehicles, and career progression to Technician, Master Technician, Engineering Manager and beyond – a good number of our Engineering Directors started their career with us as mechanics and fitters.
- Secondment opportunities to work elsewhere in the business – either on big events like Silverstone and Cheltenham Festival, or into our head office support functions
- An employee assistance programme to support health and wellbeing through a confidential service available 24 hours a day which provides specialist guidance and assistance on a range of personal and work-related issues, from dealing with stress and anxiety to managing financial, marital or legal issues. Face-to-face counselling sessions are also offered, alongside telephone and online support.
- A great working environment with loads of opportunity to make new friends from a bunch of great workmates, managers who work hard to create great places to work, and employee networks building inclusive environments for women, veterans, carers, multicultural and LGBTQ+ colleagues
- You need to have an engineering background with a vehicular focus – bus, HGV / LGV, truck, haulage, automotive, plant, rail, farm – if it moves, it’s good experience!
- You need to want to deliver high standards of engineering maintenance and repair