Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open
We have an excellent opportunity at Thames Water to join us as a Project Engineer.
What you will be doing
Working within the operations team as the engineering lead for project delivery, liaising with our Capital Delivery and Capital Maintenance Projects colleagues to deliver our ambitious Capex Programmes. You will write and review project briefs, gather technical information and have engineering input into key projects on site. Your role will also be health and safety focussed including the review of contractor RAMS, issue of TWOSAs and other permits, as well as signing off new assets and accepting project hand overs to operations.
- Coordinating outages on site and managing conflicting priorities from Operations, Capital Delivery and Capital Maintenance Projects teams.
- Analyse key performance data from site and develop scopes for engineering solutions to improve performance.
- Scope minor project works for operational maintenance teams to deliver, develop risk assessments and method statements for the projects, and brief to the internal teams.
- Be the dedicated point of contact for Capital Maintenance Projects teams for contractual RFIs (Requests for Information) and coordinate operations led remedial works on site.
- Identify, scope and deliver ‘Every drop count’s project to reduce financial spend, operational labour or energy consumption on site.
- Ensure compliance to Thames Water Asset and Health and Safety Standards, and wider industry standards by internal project teams and the wider Capital Delivery projects.
- Highlighting and escalating key operational risks to project programmes.
- Issuing health and safety permits and authorisations for key works on site.
- Reviewing and optimising operational maintenance plans, asset performance monitoring, and service contracts for assets on site.
Key skills / qualifications
- Have strong Process Competence – including Management of Water Production (MoWP) and Management of Disinfection and extensive practical operational experience
- Ideally have strong skills in operations, maintenance, engineering, and program coordination
- Formal engineering qualification
- NEBOSH / IOSH H&S Qualification
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a proactive approach
- Experience in engineering project delivery
- Full UK driving licence
What’s in it for you?
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding, and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career, flexible working arrangements and great benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities and the environment can thrive. This means, when a crisis happens, we all rally round to support our customers. As part of your role, you’ll be asked to help our Instant Support Team to help our customers in their hour of need. This is incredibly rewarding, and you’ll be given full training – it’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business and meet colleagues.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can’t consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.