Job descriptionJob Description Health Care Assistant – Phlebotomist Competitive Salary | Springfield Hospital – Chelmsford | Permanent – Full/Part-Time | 30 Hours Springfield Hospital opened in 1987 and is one of Essex leading private hospitals. It is a 64 bedded hospital all with ensuite facilities, three of which are two bedded parent and child rooms and a close observation unit with three beds. There are six operating theatres, a physiotherapy department and on site private GP service. The role In this role you will be an integral part of a team who are committed to delivering the highest quality clinical outcomes in a supported environment, where you will be valued for your skills and expertise. The primary responsibility of the Phlebotomist is to perform venepuncture for the collection of blood samples. You will be responsible for working closely with all groups of staff within the hospital to provide an effective Phlebotomy/ Pathology service. What you’ll bring with you
- Previous patient or customer care experience including venepuncture experience
- Experience of working in an acute hospital environment is desirable
- Experience in Paediatric phlebotomy desirable. Adult essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to act on own initiative without supervision
- High levels of attention to detail
- Flexible approach to duties
- A friendly, proactive and empathetic character
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free onsite parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- Free uniform
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
It’s more than what we do, it’s who we are. Everything we do is about striving to deliver the best care. And it's a belief that's as true today as it was when we welcomed our first patients in 1964.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. We encourage all Ramsay employees to participate in public health vaccination programmes including flu and Covid 19. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. This position is subject to background and DBS checks.