Job descriptionWe are looking for an Assistant Accountant in to join our Finance team who are based from our site in Rushden but will work nearly 100% remote. As an Assistant Accountant, you’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting the team in the efficient planning and management of external reporting processes,
- Preparing external reporting documents (such as statutory accounts, iXBRL tagging and ONS surveys) in line with role requirements.
- Identifying ways to make an impact for stakeholders and respond to them on a timely basis.
- Participating in projects based on providing expertise and support for improving business processes and procedures.
- Providing and communicating financial information as required.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with other teams across the business to understand and meet their needs; driving a culture of teamwork across the function.
- Generating ideas for improvements in line with the task specific areas of your role.
- This role would suit someone who is part-qualified and currently working towards a professional qualification (CIMA / ACA / ACCA / AAT).
- Experience working as an Assistant Accountant either in practice or a large and fast paced organisation.
- Knowledge of financial accounting.
- Excellent written communication and planning skills
- Working knowledge of Oracle/CCH would be preferable.
- Proficient analytical and numerical skills.
- Previous experience using Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to build good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the business.
- A self motivated individual with experience of delivering to deadlines.
Why work for Morrisons?
- We have adopted a 4 day working week and flexibility on hours.
- We offer study support and development to becoming a fully qualified accountant
- Recent PE takeover with exciting business areas primed for growth
- Scope for progression – both upwards and laterally, within Morrisons
- Offer of study support to help achieve your goals of becoming fully qualified
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Health and Community Services Jersey £51,245 - £56,469 a year 2 days ago
Stagecoach Folkestone 30+ days ago
G4S Coventry £10.77 an hour 30+ days ago
Fortius London W1U 18 days ago
NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) Bristol £23,949 - £26,282 a year 1 day ago
Hillcrest Futures Arbroath £10.50 an hour Today
Bupa Leeds 9 days ago
Treadstone Logistics Canterbury £142 - £162 a day 3 days ago
Vero HR Ltd Peterborough PE2 2 days ago
Belmond Management Oxford £27,000 a year 3 days ago